Last week I received a blogger award from author Millie Burns--thank you, Millie, for finding me and for acknowledging my blog "Scrivengale".
As you might have expected, accepting any award of this magnitude has weighty concomitant responsibilities--that of sharing seven things about myself and passing the award along to other talented bloggers.
Without further adieu... here are seven earth-shattering things you may not know. Yes, get ready to have your world as you know and love it shaken and stirred.
1. I love chicken wings and hot dogs, and one of my favorite (though infrequent) little haunts is Joe's Famous Wings 'n Wieners in Leola. Why infrequent? I feel tremendous guilt whenever I eat delicious food that's so bad for you.
2. I love burning candles--my husband hates my candles, so I burn them as much as I can anyway.
3. I used to love Downton Abbey, but now I am annoyed with those British actors for wanting to be written out of the show so frequently. How can you develop continuity with a show when all the talent keeps getting themselves killed off so they can move on to bigger and better projects? Yes, I'm really frosted with you, Dan Stevens.
4. I treasure my shortbread recipe handed down to me from my Scottish grandmother. It's so buttery.
5. I don't mind giving up an hour's sleep for Daylight Savings Time. I love the extra sunlight.
6. I love pansies but wish they lasted longer. It very quickly gets too hot for pansies where I live.
7. I have a beta fish named Spike.
* * *
Tada. All done. Were you expecting the revelation of seedier secrets? Okay, here you go. I don't plant many seeds at all. I plant seedling packs of fruits and vegetables.
Now for the tagging.
So, I hereby confer the Very Inspiring Blogger Award on these extraordinarily talented and gifted writers and bloggers (in alphabetical order, sort of. No, I was never a librarian or a file clerk):
Ginger Marcinkowski (Novel Travelers)
Here are the Rules of the Award Blog:
Display the award logo on your blog post.
Link back to the person who nominated you.
State 7 things about yourself.
Nominate 15 bloggers to the award.
Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back. (I linked to your blog and sent you a notice on Twitter)!